Gift Aid allows Smile International to reclaim the tax on your gift if you are a UK taxpayer. We can then add this amount to the value of your gift making your donations worth almost a third more at no extra cost to you!
If you would like to complete a Gift Aid Declaration, please complete our online form by clicking the button:
Every gift received from a UK tax payer can be increased by 25p for every £1 donated, provided that the donor has paid more tax than has been given to charity in the same tax year.
- Gift Aid allows us to reclaim the tax you have paid on all donations to Smile International’s work. This increases the value of your donations by almost a third at no extra cost.
- You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that Smile International will reclaim on your donations in the tax year.
- Completing a Gift Aid declaration does not affect your tax status or commit you to supporting our work for a specified length of time.
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that Smile International reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.