Welcome to the terms and conditions of the Smile International website. You are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not accept the terms and conditions stated here, please do not use the website.
Smile International is a registered charity number 1163423. The use of the terms “Smile International”, “Smile”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Smile International for the purposes of this website. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of our site.
If you have any comments, questions or ideas, please contact us.
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on our website is accurate, however, if you use our website and rely on any information, you do so at your own risk. Smile International does not warrant its accuracy and disclaims any liability to any third party anywhere in the world for any injury, damage, loss or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on our website to the fullest extent permitted at law.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of our site, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or similar, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information. We also have licence to post all or part of your material and we reserve the right to decide not to post the data, amend the data and to remove it.
The copyright to the contents of our website belongs to Smile International. All materials (including without limitation all articles, text, graphics, images, logos and any other material) are the sole copyright of Smile International unless identified otherwise and are protected by copyright under both English and foreign laws.
We are happy for you to copy information contained in our website for personal use, as long as the copyright and source indications are also copied, the document is not amended in any way, is copied in its entirety and is not reproduced in a derogatory or misleading manner or context.
You may not sell or modify our material or reproduce, display, publicly, perform, distribute or otherwise use our material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of our material on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited without the permission of Smile International. If you do wish to use any material from our website for any commercial or business purpose, you must write for permission to email@example.com and are required to provide us with full details of what you would like to use and how you plan to use it.
Links to third party websites
You may not use the Smile International website for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice
- gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems
- interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Smile International website
- breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks
- interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Smile International website
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner, whether that be Smile International or otherwise
You will indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses reasonably suffered or incurred by us, all damages awarded against us under any judgment by a court of competent jurisdiction and all settlements sums paid by us as a result of any settlement agreed by us arising out or in connection with:
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Smile International website by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Smile International website by you infringes that third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature and
- any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the Smile International website by you.
Unless otherwise expressly provided in a policy on our website, the aggregate liability for Smile International to you for all claims arising from the use of the website is limited to £5.00.
Smile International endeavours to ensure that the information on our website is correct but does not accept any liability for error or omission or for any technical problems you may experience with our website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the website we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can. In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- incompatibility of our website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links
- technical problems including errors or interruptions of our website
- unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of our website
- inadequacy of our website to meet your requirements
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to our website.
Our website and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from our website shall be resolved by the English Courts.
If you access our website from outside of England you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
If you do not accept our terms and conditions in full, the use of our site must be terminated immediately. Thank you.